Tentative fix for "out of PoD memory" issue

Marek,

could you please test whether the attached patch is fixing your
problem?

BTW, I don't think this couldn't happen before kernel 5.15. I guess
my modification to use a kernel thread instead of a workqueue just
made the issue more probable.

I couldn't reproduce the crash you are seeing, but the introduced
wait was 4.2 seconds on my test system (a PVH guest with 2 GB of
memory, maxmem 6 GB).

Juergen