Re: Fwd: [BUG] Windows is frozen after restore from snapshot

On 23.04.2021 15:30, Георгий Зайцев wrote:
> Thanks, but now I'll need to understand what your quoted "frozen" and
>> "unfrozen" mean. Plus obviously comparators and main counter are also
>> different, and it's there where I suspect the issue is
>
> "frozen" - this is initial snapshot which takes about from 30 seconds to 1
> minute after restore to start dispatching timer interrupts to windows guest
> "unfrozen" - this is state which taken after restoring "frozen" one and
> waiting 90 seconds when guest start receiving interrupts and starts working
> as expected

So I misunderstood Sergey's original mail - HPET_TN_PERIODIC is clear
immediately after restore, and becomes set some time later. That's
still nothing we can do behind the OSes back. If the OS has cleared
the bit, we need to keep it clear.

Jan

> we also made some another snapshots (again after restoring from initial
> "frozen" one) when system still in 'freezed" state (about ~20-30 seconds
> from start of restore process) and in this snapshots HPET state stays the
> same as in initial "frozen" state except mc64 field:
> capabiliy: f424008086a201
> res0: 0
> config: 3
> res1: 0
> isr: 0
> res2: [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
> 0, 0]
> mc64: 9bafb6e4e
> res3: 0
> timer0:
>         config: f0000000002934
>         cmp: fd4aa84c
>         fsb: 0
>         res4: 0
> timer1:
>         config: f0000000000130
>         cmp: ffffffff
>         fsb: 0
>         res4: 0
> timer2:
>         config: f0000000000130
>         cmp: ffffffff
>         fsb: 0
>         res4: 0
> period[0] = ee6b2
> period[1] = 0
> period[2] = 0
>
> пт, 23 апр. 2021 г. в 16:21, Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx>:

>>> Here is full HPET state from "frozen" snapshot according to hvm_hw_hpet
>>> structure:
>>>
>>> capabiliy: f424008086a201
>>> res0: 0
>>> config: 3
>>> res1: 0
>>> isr: 0
>>> res2: [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
>> 0,
>>> 0, 0]
>>> mc64: 97b90bc74
>>> res3: 0
>>> timer0:
>>>         config: f0000000002934
>>>         cmp: fd4aa84c
>>>         fsb: 0
>>>         res4: 0
>>> timer1:
>>>         config: f0000000000130
>>>         cmp: ffffffff
>>>         fsb: 0
>>>         res4: 0
>>> timer2:
>>>         config: f0000000000130
>>>         cmp: ffffffff
>>>         fsb: 0
>>>         res4: 0
>>> period[0] = ee6b2
>>> period[1] = 0
>>> period[2] = 0
>>>
>>> This one taken from snapshot of "unfrozen" one:
>>>
>>> capabiliy: f424008086a201
>>> res0: 0
>>> config: 3
>>> res1: 0
>>> isr: 0
>>> res2: [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
>> 0,
>>> 0, 0]
>>> mc64: acbd23c57
>>> res3: 0