Re: Call for tools backports (was Re: preparations for 4.13.3)

Andrew Cooper writes ("Re: Call for tools backports (was Re: preparations for
4.13.3)"):
> The effects of the bug were twofold:
>  * A client actually requesting Reset_watches has the request rejected
>  * A client actually requesting Restrict got Reset_watches instead
>
> We spotted the bug when trying to add soft-reset support to Xapi, where
> a Reset_watches request got a hard error and the guest choked.

Thanks for the info.  What fun.  I have taken it.

> >> Do we want to backport the -Og fixes so we can get ABI checking working?
> > As Jan says, I think these are still in a state of flux ?
>
> The ABI checking side, yes, but the -Og is a prerequisite which is
> fairly self contained.

I think I would prefer to wait for the ABI checking as a whole to
congeal before backporting even this self-contained prereq.  Feel free
to try to change my mind if you think this is a wrong decision.

Thanks,
Ian.