Re: ARM - Successful install on RockPro64

Hello Julien,

I have just tried 4.14-rc2 and it seems to work fine.

I think that the most useful page regarding the board is the one for the Ibox3399 since this refers to the RK3399 chip which the RockPro64 uses (shouldn't the page actually be called RK3399 to make it more generic).

Perhaps I can most usefully record what I did by updating that page and making sure that the instructions work correctly. If there is additional stuff relevant to the RockPro64 over and above the generic RK3399 info then I'll give some thought to how to best record it.  I will eventually be writing a fuller report on my progress on my blog at funfoodfreedom.huskydog.org.uk.

I now need to finish automating the boot process (still requires manual u-boot command) and figure out how to get the console log to work.  Currently I can either see the xen and linux kernel boot messages OR see the dom0 console, but not both.  I then want to wipe the install and start again without all the blind alleys that I went down the first time (mostly a function of my ignorance). This should allow me to clearly document what is actually required from both a Xen and Gentoo perspective.

I'll also try to more of the Xen config options to see what works and what is actually needed.

On one more related note:  I suspect that Xen would run on the PineBookPro as well as I get the impression that it uses very similar hardware.  Of course that would rely on the GPU etc which I haven't tested at all as I am using the serial console.

Finally, when I joined this mailing list I asked for a daily digest.  However I seem to be getting a new digest every hour or so.  Is this right?

Regards,

    Richard