Re: Xenstore quota and driver domains

On 04.06.20 10:16, Paul Durrant wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Jürgen Groß <jgross@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: 04 June 2020 09:11
To: paul@xxxxxxx; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Xenstore quota and driver domains

On 04.06.20 10:07, Paul Durrant wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Xen-devel <xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jürgen
Groß
Sent: 04 June 2020 06:03
To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Xenstore quota and driver domains

A recent report on xen-users surfaced a problem we have with driver
domains in medium sized or large configuration: the driver domain can
easily hit the default Xenstore quota (in the report it was a driver
domain for disks which hit the quota when 15 domUs were active at the
same time).

Which quota is hit? Node or watch?

Node.

Ok. Since each individual backend is going to watch at least its frontend's
'state' node then a watch quota of 128 is still probably going to be
restrictive for a global driver domain so this ought to be settable on a
per-domain basis as well as the node quota.

TBH I'd go with any quota to be settable via the new interface.

Currently we have:

- number of nodes
- max size of a node
- number of watches
- number of concurrent active transactions

and there might be more coming in the future.

Juergen