Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.8-testing test] 144726: regressions - trouble: fail/pass/starved [and 1 more messages]

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: [xen-4.8-testing test] 144726: regressions - trouble:
fail/pass/starved"):
> On 12.12.2019 16:40, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > If Jan approves will force push 4.8-testing.
>
> I do. Thanks.

Done.

> > From Juergen I would like a release-ack for the osstest commit to
> > "allow" it for the future.
>
> Is this really worth it? The 4.8 tree is dead now; strictly speaking
> even the last batch of XSAs shouldn't have gone there anymore, but
> we did so to be friendly to certain distros, as it was just barely
> past the expiry date.

This is pattern likely to occur again in the future with newer
unsupported but security-supported branches.

Having gone to the trouble of figuring out what is going on I thought
I would write it up and produce a commit in osstest.git that serves as
an example of how to fix it.

Jürgen Groß writes ("Re: [xen-4.8-testing test] 144726: regressions - trouble:
fail/pass/starved"):
> At least I really don't mind, as I can't see any risk for 4.13.
>
> Release-acked-by: Juergen Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxx>

Thanks.

Ian.