Re: [Xen-devel] wall clock drift on Coffee Lake / C24x mainboard (HPET broken?), best practices

On 14.11.2019 00:10, Andreas Kinzler wrote:
> I came across the following: https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/8/29/536
>
> Could that be the reason for the problem mentioned below? Xen is using
> HPET as clocksource on the platform/mainboard. Is there an (easy) way to
> verify if Xen uses PC10?

In principle this can be obtained via both the xenpm utility and
the 'c' debug key. For Coffee Lake, however, I can't find any
indication in the SDM that a PC10 residency MSR would exist.
Hence I can only suggest that you try again with limited or no
use of C states, to at least get a hint as to a possible
connection.

Jan