Re: [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Call for agenda items for September 5th Community Call @ 15:00 UTC

On 05/09/2019, 08:41, "Rich Persaud" <persaur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    > On Sep 5, 2019, at 03:19, Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >
    > Forgive me asking, but why is this put up as an agenda item here?
    > IMO this is the kind of thing where you would send a proposal and
    > request feedback by email first, and put it up as an agenda item
    > here only if it got stalled there. (Apologies if I've overlooked
    > such a stalled thread.)

    If Xen community call topics are limited to escalations of xen-devel
threads, then a new thread can be created for this topic. Xen community calls
have also provided real-time, interactive feedback on candidate proposals,
along with guidance on areas which need documentation before a formal proposal
is made to xen-devel.   Such agenda items are typically covered after all
series and priority topics have been addressed.

I don't mind having items such these on the agenda and to be fair have added
similar items onto the agenda in the past.
Clearly, they are forward looking [like an RFC], for which reason I tend to add
them to the end of an agenda if there is a busy schedule

Personally, on this specific item, it is not really clear what the questions
are.  In other words: is this about UUIDS/domain ids only, or is there
something else.

Lars