Re: [Xen-devel] [livepatch: independ. modules v2 2/3] livepatch: Allow to override inter-modules buildid dependency

> On 20. Aug 2019, at 16:28, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,

…snip...
>> Yeah, since I got feedback and reviews on various patches that I have
>> already submitted the way I did,
>> I simply continue with what I have until all comments are addressed (I do
>> not want to lose anything).
>
> What do you mean by "all comments are addressed"? Usually you gather a set of
> comments for a series, address them and then resend the series with all of
> them addressed.

Yeah, but people invested time in reviews and replied to my incorrectly sent
threads, so I find it rude to ignore such comments and start a new thread
instead.
But if this is the recommended practice, I will obey.

>> Then, I will re-send the patches in 2 series: livepatch-build-tools and xen
>> with all changes,
>> Reviewed-by/Acked-by and cover letters. This is the way recommended by
>> Andrew.
>
> Please don't send the patch one by one to check if everyone is happy. Just
> resend all of them in one go once you gathered enough feedback.

Ok.

>> Unfortunately, it will be also quite confusing I think, because various
>> changes belonging to different topics,
>> are distributed between those 2 distinct repos.
>
> That also happen when you have multiple patches in a series. Feature
> implemented accross multiple patch needs a place to discuss. This can usually
> be done in the cover letter. For multi repo series, you can steer the
> discussion on a single repo and just replicate the changes in the other one
> once there are an agreement.

Fine. Let me then send the 2 full series for each repo with all the changes and
corresponding cover letters.

> Cheers,
>
> --
> Julien Grall

Best Regards,
Pawel Wieczorkiewicz

Amazon Development Center Germany GmbH
Krausenstr. 38
10117 Berlin
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Christian Schlaeger, Ralf Herbrich
Eingetragen am Amtsgericht Charlottenburg unter HRB 149173 B
Sitz: Berlin
Ust-ID: DE 289 237 879