From: Anthony PERARD [mailto:anthony.perard@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 6:41 PM
To: Chen, Farrah <farrah.chen@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Hao, Xudong <xudong.hao@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Compiling Xen error on RedHat8.0

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 05:28:50AM +0000, Chen, Farrah wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> Do you have any advice on building Xen on RedHat8? Thanks a lot!

If you're building a release of Xen, then you could try setting
PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2 everywhere, that is when starting configure and make,
something like:

$ ./configure PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2 ...
$ make PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2 ...

If you are building from the unstable tree, I think we fixed most of those bugs
relating to python2/python3.

Is that help?

About the soft link "python" to "python2", you would need a softlink
"python-config" to "python2-config" as well and the "checking for
PyArg_ParseTuple" is more likely to succeed.

Cheers,

--
Anthony PERARD