Re: [Xen-devel] Regression in xen-unstable due to commit 3802ecbaa9eb36

Am Thu, 16 May 2019 14:04:51 +0200
schrieb Olaf Hering <ohering@xxxxxxxx>:

> There are quite a few checks for device_model_version, they would be all
> wrong if the assert is removed, or changed back to QEMU_XEN. Perhaps we
> can continue to live with that error. device_model_version could become
> a local variable. If it is not set, assume the caller just wants the
> memory size and enforce QEMU_XEN again within that function.

I think that is what should be done, just for the sake of
libxl_domain_need_memory. If an incomplete b_info is provided, assume
device_model_version=QEMU_XEN, maintain that state in a local variable.

If we want to provide another new public API to fill missing defaults,
that could still be done in a separate patch.

Olaf