Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.12.0-rc Hangs Around masked ExtINT on CPU#

>>> On 25.03.19 at 18:00, <jlpoole56@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I removed the "maxcpus=1" and attempted seven (7) boots.
> There were minor variations, they do not seem to get
> past the first additional processor.  Below is a summary.

And with "maxcpus=1" in place, is it as stable hanging when trying
to bring up the 3rd AP? I find it rather surprising that, with you
already having sync_console on the command line, there's such a
variation. I wonder whether SMM is somehow getting in the way.

The main difference to bare metal Linux is that we enable VMX
while they don't (afaict). Since for whatever reason we don't
(yet) have a command line option to suppress this, could you
re-build Xen with CONFIG_HVM turned off in xen/.config?

Jan