Re: [Xen-devel] Xen optimization

On 12.12.18 19:59, Dario Faggioli wrote:
Yeah, and although difficult to admit/see the reason why, I think this
looks like it is coming from something we do in Xen. And since you say
you have an old Xen version that works, I really see bisection as the
way to go...

Not sure I'm getting. Are you saying that you somehow verified that on
4.10 vcpus don't move? But on 4.10 you have pinning that works, don't
you?
Yes, the pinning works (and is reasonably used) in our setup we are providing
to a customer. That setup is based on 4.10 release.
For my IRQ latency work, I used a simplified setup with the only Dom0 and the
same XEN as in the customer's setup.
I was too lazy to set up pinning for my experimental setup from the beginning
and later I found out that VCPUs were not migrating.

Or are you saying you've verified that vcpus don't move, on 4.10, even
without doing the pinning? If yes, can I ask how?
Yeh, it took me some time to recall that from my memory:)
When I tried using xentrace to profile interrupt path, I noticed that `current`
non-idle VCPU is not changed for a particular PCPU.

--
Sincerely,
Andrii Anisov.