Re: [Xen-devel] Xen optimization

Hello Dario,

On 12.12.18 19:10, Dario Faggioli wrote:
Ah, yes... I've seen the thread. I haven't commented, as it is really,
really weird, and I don't know what to think/say.

I think only bisection could shed some light on this. And it would be
wonderful if you could do that, but I understand that it takes time. :-
/
Well, bisect might help. But I'm really confused why MemTotal may be reduced.

Are you absolutely sure about that? That is, are you "just" assuming
the scheduler won't move stuff, or have you put some debugging or
printing in place to verify that to be the case?Being honest, I did not check
for exactly this setup. I verified it for 4.10.

I'm asking because, yet, in theory that is what one would expect. But,
as I think you know very well, although in theory there is no
difference between theory and practice, in practice, there is. :-)
I know it very well :)

--
Sincerely,
Andrii Anisov.