Re: [Xen-devel] Problems building and running Xen on Hikey960

Hi,

On 28/11/2018 15:46, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2018, Julien Grall wrote:
Hi Matthew,

On 28/11/2018 06:43, Matthew Daley wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 at 14:07, Matthew Daley <mattd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 at 09:51, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Matthew,

Sorry for the late answer and thank you for testing the patch.

On 11/13/18 10:43 PM, Matthew Daley wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 at 02:01, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/11/18 1:15 AM, Matthew Daley wrote:
I gave this a go but unfortunately the same problem occurs (error
-9s). Just to check nothing weird is happening I added a printk to
check the value of __pa(init_secondary) in call_psci_cpu_on, giving
0xdfe00180.

I have posted a patch that disables completely the relocation [1]. Could
you have a try and see whether it works now?

Cheers,

[1] https://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2018-11/msg02638.html

--
Julien Grall

Hi Julien,

Unfortunately with this patch it appears to freeze after the call to
switch_ttbr(ttbr).

- Matthew

So looking at setup_pagetables, my understanding is that it sets up a
2MiB mapping for Xen's .text section (before then splitting it into
4KiB pages). However, GRUB is loading Xen in RAM at 0xB8736000 for me.
This isn't 2MiB aligned (and isn't in low memory either!), so I can't
see how this would work; it still requires relocation or a more
granular mapping, no?

I missed the fact that we configure the PE/COFF header with 4KB alignment.
Therefore UEFI is free to load Xen at any address 4KB aligned.

I managed to reproduce it on some UEFI platform and came up with
the following patch:

well done!

Hmmm, it looks like some versions of GRUB are not happy with this patch. I am not entirely sure why.

Anyway, I have a patch to use a smaller granule that should also fix another bug at the same time. I send them tonight.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall