Re: [Xen-devel] Xen optimization

Hi Milan,

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 12:36 AM Milan Boberic <milanboberic94@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 6:41 PM Meng Xu <xumengpanda@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > The jitter may come from Xen or the OS in dom0.
> > It will be useful to know what is the jitter if you run the test on
> > PetaLinux.
> > (It's understandable the jitter is gone without OS. It is also common
> > that OS introduces various interferences.)
>
> Hi Meng,
> well... I'm using bare-metal application and I need it exclusively to
> be ran on one CPU as domU (guest) without OS (and I'm not sure how
> would I make the same app to be ran on PetaLinux dom0 :D haha).
> Is there a chance that PetaLinux as dom0 is creating this jitter and
> how? Is there a way of decreasing it?

I'm not familiar with PetaLinux. :(
From my previous experience in measuring the rt-test in the
virtualization environment, I found:
Even though the app. is the only one running on the CPU, the CPU may
be used to handle other interrupts and its context (such as TLB and
cache) might be flushed by other components. When these happen, the
interrupt handling latency can vary a lot.

Hopefully, it helps. :)

Meng