Re: [Xen-devel] BUG - 'xl restore' does not overwrite HVM

(Add back xen-devel)

Hello Peter

Please don't top-post.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 08:52:10AM +0000, Peter McLaren wrote:
> Hi Wei
> I would like the restore command to return the HVM to the exact state it was
> at when the save command was performed.
> Thanks
> Peter

I think what you need is disk snapshot -- because you want your disk to
return to its previous state.

I don't think xen 4.4 supports that. IIRC even the latest version of Xen
doesn't have disk snapshot support. You will have to manually snapshot
your disk (like using lvm snapshot).

Wei.