Re: [Xen-devel] Make coverity results public

On Thu, 29 Mar 2018, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 12:30:25AM +0000, Julien Grall wrote:
> > (sorry for the formatting)

> > > In general, +1 from me.  But Stefano, was there some special
> > > circumstance for the ARM Coverity runs?
> > >

> > We don't control what is tested on the ARM coverity. This was setup on a
> > testing branch by EPAM, so they are putting their patches and update
> > manually.
> >
> > If we want to open that coverity then we need to track staging and have
> > automatic push.
> >
> > Otherwise it will be near to impossible to know if the failure is because
> > of staging or their patches.
>
> I don't know much about Coverity, but I guess the results from the ARM
> scan are separated from the x86 ones?
>
> Can't we just open the x86 results?
>
> Or in the worse case, can we just ignore the ARM results if they are
> not useful?

Yes, there are basically two separate coverity instances: the one we
have been talking about and that Andrew was about to open up, which is
x86 only, and the one ran by EPAM, which is ARM only.

Let's take a step at a time and open up the x86 coverity instance first.
Then, we'll figure out what to do about the ARM instance.