From: dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of George Dunlap
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2018 12:01 AM
To: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; committers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
Juergen Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxx>; Janakarajan Natarajan <jnataraj@xxxxxxx>;
Tamas K Lengyel <tamas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx>; Andrew
Cooper <Andrew.Cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx>; Daniel Kiper <daniel.kiper@xxxxxxxxxx>;
Roger Pau Monné <royger@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Christopher Clark
<christopher.w.clark@xxxxxxxxx>; Ji, John <john.ji@xxxxxxxxx>; Rich Persaud
<persaur@xxxxxxxxx>; Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>; Jan Beulich'
<JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>; Brian Woods <brian.woods@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] X86 Community Call: Wed March 14, 15:00 - 16:00 UTC

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 4:26 PM, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 07/03/2018, 17:02, "George Dunlap" <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>     >> * Title of series
>     >>
>     >> * Link to series (e.g. on
> https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel,
>     >> markmail, …)
>     >>
>     >> * Number of outstanding ACKs (and by whom), number of ACKs
>     >
>     >I assume you're suggesting that individuals should reply to this email
>     >with that information?  And that to begin with you'll be acting as
>     >secretary to keep track of it?
>
> Correct.
>
> Although it is also OK for someone within an organization to do that on
> behalf of several developers within that organisation.
>
> I will also chair the meeting and write up high-level notes. But for deeply
> technical discussions, which requires detail: I would prefer if someone else
> wrote notes for the section and sent them to me afterwards, or replied to the
> notes I would send out.

OK, well here are some series I have lurking around my inbox that I think
coordination might need doing for:

* Intel EPT-Based Sub-page Write Protection Support.

marc.info/?i=<cover.1508397860.git.yi.z.zhang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

RFC posted by Zhang Yi Oct 19, 2017; No acks, reviews only by memaccess
maintainers / developers.

* Virtual VT-d (vIOMMU)

marc.info/?i=<1506049330-11196-1-git-send-email-tianyu.lan@xxxxxxxxx>

v3 posted by Lan Tianyu on 22 September 2017.  Seems to have had review by
Roger Pau Monne (not counted acks).

* Extend resources to support more vcpus in single VM

marc.info/?i=<1505278369-21605-1-git-send-email-tianyu.lan@xxxxxxxxx>

RFC posted by Lan Tianyu on 13 September 2017.  I have an idea this may have
been reposted but I dont' thave that link to hand.

* Add guest CPU topology support

marc.info/?i=<1515384090-175916-1-git-send-email-chao.gao@xxxxxxxxx>

RFC posted by Chao Gao on 1 January 2018.  Some feedback from Andrew Cooper.

* Intel Processor Trace virtulization enabling

marc.info/?i=<1516039953-2988-1-git-send-email-luwei.kang@xxxxxxxxx>

v1.1 Posted by Lan Tianyu on 15 January 2018.  No feedback.

*  x86: guest resource mapping

marc.info/?i=<20180103121942.3524-1-paul.durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>

v17 posted by Paul Durrant on 3 January 2018.  Seems to have a fair amount of
R-b's, but still more feedback.

* paravirtual IOMMU interface

marc.info/?i=<20180212104714.1922-1-paul.durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>

v1 posted by Paul Durrant on 12 Feb 2018.  Seems to have had a lot of feedback
from Kevin Tian.

* Add vNVDIMM support to HVM domains

marc.info/?i=<20171207101030.22364-1-haozhong.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>

RFC posted by Haozhong Zhang on 7 December 2017.  A few messages about the
overall architecture; some more detailed comments by Anthony on the integration
with the toolstack.

* x86: emulator enhancements

marc.info/?i=<5A96B3B902000078001ACB6D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

v4 posted by Jan Beulich on 28 Feb 2018.  Most patches seem to have acks or
r-bs, but I know this one has been around a long time, so it might be worth
making sure we can get it in before the feature freeze.

 -George