Re: [Xen-devel] Xen on POWER

On Fri, March 9, 2018 12:04 pm, George Dunlap wrote:

> I'm all for encouraging people to jump into Xen, but I agree with
> Andre here, that you should really count the cost.  I doubt this is
> the sort of thing a single person could really write and maintain unpaid on
> evenings and weekends.  Remember also that you'd be porting not only Xen
> to Power9, but also Linux (or some other operating system) to run as a Xen
> dom0.

I understand. I think Linux (with KVM) already works on baremetal Power9
so it would "just" be Xen.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/linuxonibm/liaam/liaamdistros.htm

And I'm definitely not making any commitments this early. Worst case I'll
fail but still learn a lot and have some nice server hardware.