[Xen-devel] Xen on POWER

Specifically https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER9.

Qubes user here. Due to the ongoing manufacturer lock-down of the x86
arch. and security vulnerabilities introduced by same, I'm looking into
hardware alternatives. One promising candidate appears to be the POWER
architecture.

What would it take to port Xen to the POWER9? In other words, if I wanted
to do it, what would I be getting myself into? Apologies if this has been
asked and answered or if I'm goring any oxen; my searches are coming up
dry.

It looks like KVM works on POWER. Could I look to see what had to be
touched to support Xen on ARM and expect any changes would likely be in
the same areas? If I do succeed in porting it, how much ongoing
maintenance would be necessary?

Lastly, along the lines of those who fail to learn from history are doomed
to repeat it, what happened to the Xen PPC port a decade ago? I found an
archive of the xen-ppc-devel mailing list but don't see any drama; seems
like it just withered of its own accord.