[Xen-devel] Looking for some input: Alpine Linux Bug #6962, apparently broken pv-grub in 3.5

Hi everyone!

last month I hit a weird bug with PV-Grub in AlpineLinux 3.5
Basically, after updating PV-Grub you can no longer boot your VMs unless
they’re on an ext2 partition.
This also happened to others and apparently also on Gentoo.

Natanael Copa has been kind enough to dig in, but it’s gotten to a point where
I’m uncertain if you guys did give up on PV-Grub or something.
Is there a known regression? Is anything deprecated?

It would be very kind if a Xen dev could have a look here:

https://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/6962#change-19135

(Please CC on replies or put in the bug tracker)

Thanks for any input, and happy easter holidays / good weekend!
Florian