Re: [Xen-devel] [GSoC] Xen on ARM: create multiple guests from device tree

Hi Stefano,

On 23/03/17 00:55, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
The problem is that no matter the --cores=4 option, the device tree
(foundation-v8.dtb) has 4 cpu cores by default. It also says that the
"enable-method" is "spin-table". At the same time Julien wrote to pass
--enable-psci to the bootwrapper, which is a different way to start
secondary cpus. I am guessing that is the problem. I suggest to change
boot method to psci, to do that you need to modify the dts (device tree
source), see the attached patch for Linux. Then you can rebuild the dtb
(device tree binary) with:

I am using --enable-psci and it works for me because bootwrapper is re-writing the CPUs node.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall