Re: [Xen-devel] [raisin] Using cirros for tests???

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017, Gémes Géza wrote:
Hi,

I've sent my last couple of days on trying to make raisin tests run on
different distributions. Tried Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 14.04, CentOS 7 and CentOS
6.8 so far. The tests fail because of different reasons on these
distributions:

1. bussybox-pv passes on Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04, it fails on Centos 7 (there
is no bussybox in the default repositories, enabling EPEL might be too
intrusive), it also fails on Centos6 (I haven't track that down yet)

2. bussybox-hvm fails on all the tried distros. On Ubuntu and CentOS 7 (all of
them have grub 2.0.2) grub fails to find the filesystem with stage2 and at
boot stops at grub-rescue> with no partitions recognized. In addition on
Ubuntu 16.04 the lopartsetup script fails to set up the partition correctly,
which could be quite easily get fixed.

My idea is that instead of trying to fix the tests (and to continue to do so
for upcoming distro releases) we could start using cirros images for the
tests.

I'd start transforming the existing tests to use cirros if you agree with the
proposal.
We need both pv and hvm tests, because they test different hypervisor
functionalities. But it would be fine to replace our hand crafted VM
filesystem based on busybox with Cirros. In other words, it is fine by
me, but we need both cirros-pv and cirros-hvm tests.

Hi Stefano,

I've started creating the cirros tests. So far have three pv tests: separate-kernel, pygrub and pvgrub2. On Ubuntu 14.04 with xen installed by raisin the pygrub test fail due to pygrub failure to find a python lib, which I'm going to investigate later on. The other two tests pass. I'll prepare patches soon.

Cheers,

Geza