[Xen-devel] [raisin] Using cirros for tests???

Hi,

I've sent my last couple of days on trying to make raisin tests run on different distributions. Tried Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 14.04, CentOS 7 and CentOS 6.8 so far. The tests fail because of different reasons on these distributions:

1. bussybox-pv passes on Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04, it fails on Centos 7 (there is no bussybox in the default repositories, enabling EPEL might be too intrusive), it also fails on Centos6 (I haven't track that down yet)

2. bussybox-hvm fails on all the tried distros. On Ubuntu and CentOS 7 (all of them have grub 2.0.2) grub fails to find the filesystem with stage2 and at boot stops at grub-rescue> with no partitions recognized. In addition on Ubuntu 16.04 the lopartsetup script fails to set up the partition correctly, which could be quite easily get fixed.

My idea is that instead of trying to fix the tests (and to continue to do so for upcoming distro releases) we could start using cirros images for the tests.

I'd start transforming the existing tests to use cirros if you agree with the proposal.

Cheers,

Geza