Re: [Xen-devel] Xen ARM - Exposing a PL011 to the guest

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017, Bhupinder Thakur wrote:
> Hi Julien,
>
> On 3 February 2017 at 19:38, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So if I understand correctly, you don't receive anymore output. Correct?
> > Have you tried to see whether the pl011 driver is receiving interrupt or
> > even Linux calling it.
>
> The pl011 driver is not receiving the interrupts (I put a
> HYPERVISOR_console_io() call inside the interrupt handler and I do not
> see the print on the xen console) . When the console is in this state,
> if I keep typing the characters on the console then Xen keeps raising
> the interrupts (for each character typed) but all those interrupts are
> marked as inflight. So it seems that interrupt is not getting cleared
> in GIC. Which GIC function can I look at to further debug what is the
> issue?
>
> Earlier, when I used to manually write characters to /dev/ttyAMA0 then
> I used to receive the interrupts all fine.

DomU doesn't get emulated PL011 interrupts from Xen? Make sure you don't
mark the interrupt as a real hardware interrupt by mistake
(GICH_V2_LR_HW). At the same time, check that the virtual PL011
interrupt has been added correctly to the LRs
(xen/arch/arm/gic-v2.c:gicv2_update_lr).