Re: [Xen-devel] ARM: Request backport for Xen 4.6 and Xen 4.5

>>> On 01.12.16 at 18:58, <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> While testing XSA-201, I noticed that Xen 4.5 and 4.5 were not able to
> boot on the Foundation Model [1].
>
> The Foundation Model is a free model provided by ARM for ARMv8 which is
> supported by Xen since the beginning.
>
> I am able to Xen boot after applying the patch:
>
> eb6fe7a "arm64: fix incorrect memory region size in TCR_EL2"
>
> So would it be possible to backport this patch in Xen 4.6 and Xen 4.5?

I'll let Stefano take care of the 4.6 part (if he deems it reasonable),
but I'd like to point out that 4.5 is closed for non-security fixes (see
lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-announce/2016-09/msg00004.html).

Jan
--- Begin Message ---
All,

I am pleased to announce the release of Xen 4.5.5. This is
available immediately from its git repository
https://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/stable-4.5
(tag RELEASE-4.5.5) or from the XenProject download page
https://www.xenproject.org/downloads/xen-archives/xen-45-series/xen-455.html
(where a list of changes can also be found).

Note that this is the last XenProject coordinated release of the 4.5
stable series. The tree will be switched to security only maintenance
mode after this release.

We recommend all users of the 4.5 stable series to update to this
last point release.

Note regarding 4.5.4: An issue was found late in the release process,
after the various trees were already tagged (in fact, one of those
tags was wrong). We therefore decided to skip version 4.5.4.

Regards, Jan

--- End Message ---