Re: [Xen-devel] [ vTPM ] ownership disappear

On September 20, 2016 9:14,
> Hi everyone,
> when I create a vTPM instance and attached to it a VM, I use tpm-tools to
> take thw ownership of the vTPM. Then,
> if I destroy the vTPM and the VM, my expectation is that when I re-create the
> same vTPM attached to the same VM,
> the owership is already taken, but this is not the case: if I re-run
> tpm_takeownership, the command is successfull.
> Why this happens?

Ernesto,

I think the emulated TPM is always started with 'ST_CLEAR' status..

in vtpm.c:
|main()
|-main_loop() -- tpm_emulator_init(opt_args.startup ...)

in tpm_emulator_init(), the opt_args.startup is with ''ST_CLEAR''

struct Opt_args opt_args = {
   .startup = ST_CLEAR,
};

btw, in my experience, when tpm_takeownership is successfull and you re-run it
again, it also print out
'''success'''

cc:
Daniel De Graaf <dgdegra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>