Re: [Xen-devel] Getting started with Xen Project

Okay. I have a basic knowledge of x86 assembly language. I will need to get familiar with coding in OVMF.

I feel that with some assignments and resources (like a minor bug in some OVMF code, or tutorial links) and guidance, a prospective mentee might reach the level required by the project. I would like to know the views of the people looking into the project.

Regards,
Aashaka

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 6:00 PM, Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 03:51:33PM +0530, Aashaka Shah wrote:
> Hello! I am Aashaka. I like computer architecture and have a good knowledge
> of C. While browsing Outreachy projects, I came across the project about
> adding PVH support to OVMF binaries. Since it looked interesting, I started
> reading the mailing-list link mentioned in the project description and also
> the Beginners section in navigation by audience column.
>
> Currently, I have very little, in fact, no, experience developing with the
> Xen Project. I would like to know how to continue with getting familiar
> with the terms, setting up the codebase and making contributions.

Hello,

Anthony (who I've added to the Cc) already started looking into this, so I
think you should better coordinate with him regarding this project.

Please note that this project will involve quite a lot of low-level coding
in OVMF, and some knowledge of x86 assembly is required, again Anthony will
be able to provide more insight, and whether this is still a suitable
project for OPW or not.

Roger.