Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel panic on Xen virtualisation in Debian

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 01:45:55PM +0200, Andreas Ziegler wrote:
> Hello Wei,
>
> we tried with kernel 4.6 now, the crashed happened again, though.
>
> next we want to try the Xen debug build, but we couldn't find any
> information on how to enable debug for the build, perhaps you could give
> us a hint.

First please read:

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Compiling_Xen_From_Source

for general information.

Then in the cloned xen.git tree -- assuming you use Xen 4.7 (maybe 4.6 as
well)

  make -C xen menuconfig

to get a Linux style menuconfig experience

If you're using earlier version of Xen, you need to modify
xen.git/Config.mk to set the debug variable.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Wei.