Re: [Xen-devel] Next 4.6.x stable release, numbering, qemu-tag

On 15/06/16 11:46, Jan Beulich wrote:

>>> In which case I don't really follow what you tried to point out with
>>> the first sentence of your earlier reply still visible above.
>>
>> I should have said, "tagged 4.6.2".  My point was, there already was a
>> lot of testing done for 4.6.2; the tag was done with all the care that
>> can be reasonably expected.
>
> Okay, maybe I'm confused then. I had thought all of this was a result
> of the thread titled "compilation fail, xen staging-4.6, vnc.c,
> qemu-tradintional issues under ubuntu 16.04", which aiui has its origin
> in March.

Indeed, that thread did show up in March, and the author said he was
building against 16.04, even though Google tells  me Ubuntu 16.04 wasn't
released until 21 April 2016.  He must have been using a beta release of it.

And unfortunately his report dropped through the cracks.  The fix from
upstream should have been backported to qemu-xen at that point, but it
(apparently) didn't come to the attention of the right people.

"Remember all the things you've forgotten or didn't notice" is about as
actionable as "fix all the bugs you don't know exist". :-)

 -George