Re: [Xen-devel] Question about the best practice to install two versions of Xen toolstack on the same machine

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Dario Faggioli
<dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [trimmed To/Cc]
>
> On Fri, 2016-05-20 at 13:56 -0400, Meng Xu wrote:
>> On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 6:20 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>> > Or, as an alternative to Olaf's reply, don't install the tools at
>> > all, but
>> > instead run everything right out of the build trees. That requires
>> > some
>> > script wrappers to get things like the library search path set up
>> > correctly, but with that in place it has been working fine for me
>> > for
>> > years.
>> >
>> Thank you so much for your suggestions!  I tried to add the library
>> and bins in xen/dist/install into the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but
>> failed to have the system work properly.
>>
>> I'm wondering if it's convenient for you, would you mind sharing your
>> script wrapper? I can learn from it and customize it for my machine.
>>
>> Once I have it set up successfully, I can write a xen wiki to
>> describe
>> how to do it.
>>
> Hey Meng,
>
> Now that you've got a couple of alternatives, feel free to go and write
> the wiki page! :-P

I have added a separate wiki page for this.
I finally took Olaf and Donglin's approach. So I just documented that
approach. :-)

Please feel free to modify that page. I'm thinking if I should put a
link to the new page?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Meng