Re: [Xen-devel] Xentrace on Xilinx ARM

On Fri, 2016-03-04 at 20:53 +0000, Ben Sanda wrote:
> Hello,

Hello,

first of all, please, use plain text instead of HTML for emails to this
list.

> My name is Ben Sanda, I’m a kernel/firmware developer with
> DornerWorks
> engineering. Our team is working on support for Xen on the new Xilinx
> Ultrascale+ MPSoC platforms (ARM A53 core) and I’ve specifically been
> tasked
> with characterizing performance, particularly that of the schedulers.
> I wanted
> to make use of the xentrace tool to help give us some timing and
> performance
> benchmarks, but searching over the Xen mailing lists it appears
> xentrace has not
> yet been ported to ARM.

No, tracing support for ARM is not present upstream

> In searching for existing topics on this my main reference thread for
> this has
> been the “[Xen-devel] xentrace, arm, hvm” email chain started by
> Pavlo Suikov
> here: http://xen.markmail.org/thread/zochggqxcifs5cdi

Well, in this other thread, Paul (Cc-ed) says he basically has tracing
working on ARM:

http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-02/msg03373.html

Any chance you maybe to can cooperate to get such support upstream?
That would be reallyy cool. :-)

Regards,
Dario