Re: [Xen-devel] Mini-OS as Dom0

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 07:38:15PM +0200, Oleksii Kurochko wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Any updates?
>
> With best regards,
>  Oleksii

> > Hello.
> >
> > I want to use Mini-OS as Dom0.
> >
> > What should be done for this purpose?
> > Someone tried to do something like that? Maybe there are some patches.

This is a really bold idea.  I don't think anybody ever tries that.

Let me explain. In a typical setup, Dom0 has many roles. It drives real
hardware, it runs emulation (QEMU) for guest if necessary, it provides
PV backends, and it also runs the toolstack for managing the whole
platform.

Depending on what you want to achieve, the workload to support the
functionality of your choice varies. But I'm sure it is going to be
significant even if you pick the easiest one.

Wei.