Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.7 Development Update

On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 12:19:23PM +0000, Wei Liu wrote:
> > > *  xsave/xrtors support
> > >   -  Shuai Ruan
> >
> > As per
> > http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-01/msg03264.html
> > and even more importantly
> > http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-01/msg03271.html
> > plus the lack of feedback from the original contributor on almost
> > any issues with that code (see e.g. also the recent Xen boot
> > problems, which lead to
> > http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-01/msg03742.html
> > ) I'm currently viewing this as a candidate for disabling prior to the
> > release, so that we (hopefully) won't end up with the same disaster
> > we had with the original enabling of xsave. I'll of course be more
> > than happy to be convinced that I'm completely off with the above
> > issues...
> >

> FWIW it is near Chinese New Year so we probably won't hear from the
> author any time soon.
>
> I will remove it from "completed" section. We still have two months time
> to revert those patches, provided they don't stay in the way of other
> changes.
hi Jan/Wei:
Really sorry for late response. I am away from mail-list a couple weeks
due to some personal issues. I will take my responsibility and try my
best to solve the remain issues about xsaves before Chinese New Year(leave on
2/5). I will continue work on that after the holiday (after 2/16).

Thanks
Shuai