Re: [Xen-devel] HVM domains crash after upgrade from XEN 4.5.1 to 4.5.2

>>> On 24.11.15 at 11:32, <ariel.atom2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 20.11.15 um 08:57 schrieb Jan Beulich:
>> What you list above seems pretty normal indeed. However, why don't you
>> simply look at the options actually passed to gcc when building the
>> hypervisor. And you should also not forget that your distro's gcc
>> build itself may have certain non-standard option settings. For the
>> odd stack accesses at function entry I think you should be able to see
>> whether this is a compiler default by looking at some random, not
>> overly trivial object file known to have been compiled by the exact
>> same compiler. Jan
> Hi Jan,
> sorry for my delay in replying. Given that your answer suggests it might
> not be as trivial as I thought, I decided to simply re-compile the
> crashing xen (including symbols and the debug option) and attach the
> complete build log which to me looks as if it includes all flags used
> for every object built. The file is long, thus compressed, but I am sure
> your are able to immeditately spot what to look for.

Taking a random object out of that log, I can't see any non-standard
option passed to the compiler, so I have to assume this is its default
behavior (i.e. determined at build time, or established by extra
patches). Did you check the result of a random, non-trivial C file from
other than the Xen tree?

Jan