Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.3-testing test] 63948: regressions - FAIL

>>> On 10.11.15 at 18:59, <osstest-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> flight 63948 xen-4.3-testing real [real]
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/63948/
>
> Regressions :-(
>
> Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> including tests which could not be run:
>  test-amd64-amd64-migrupgrade 21 guest-migrate/src_host/dst_host fail REGR.
> vs. 63212

This having failed for quite some time, I've finally looked more closely
and found

Nov 10 14:36:16.949051 (XEN) vmce.c:88: PV restore: unsupported MCA
capabilities 0x1000802 for d1:v0 (supported: 0)

to be the reason for the EPERM here

xc: error: Couldn't set extended vcpu0 info (1 = Operation not permitted):
Internal error

Taking apart the value, it is MCG_SER_P | MCG_TES_P (the low 8 bits
get masked out anyway), which is in line with 4.2's GUEST_MCG_CAP.
Hence I would guess that previous successful runs of this test would
have been on Intel systems only; I can't see how this test would ever
succeed on AMD ones. Considering that 4.3 is out of maintenance, I
think the only reasonable change to avoid endless failure here is to
limit this test to Intel systems for this version.

Jan