Re: [Xen-devel] Dom0 kernel for Xen4.6 on R-Car H2 (LAGER)

Hello,

No further questions in this message, just a quick wrap-up:
1) Console is now configured.
2) Dom0 kernel is coming up and showing messages.

Very many thanks for all your help!

= Details =

This message should conclude the issue.
Therefore, it summarizes my findings and mistakes, and gets
the actual device tree, and a log entering Dom0 attached.

1) Console is now configured:

It helps to take the exact same console, as the one U-Boot uses,
and to enable it. In case of the LAGER board, it is  "/serial@e6e60000",
configured via the following DT snippet:
----- 8< -----
scif0: serial@e6e60000 {
        status = "ok";
 };
 chosen {
        stdout-path = &scif0;
        xen,xen-bootargs = "console=dtuart dom0_mem=1G";
};
----- 8< -----

2) Dom0 kernel is coming up and showing messages:

The patch works. But now it is obsolete, and reverted.

My mistake was how I tried to configure the kernel:
Following the OMAP wiki [1], which I think is a little misleading,
I appended the CONFIG_XEN* and friends to .config, and called 'make',
leading to the CONFIG_XEN*-flags to be overwritten by defaults.
Once configured via menuconfig, Dom0 showed messages all right.

> If so, the simplest way to investigate requires the serial driver in Xen
> to be functional (IIRC it's not the case right now). If you got it, you
> can type CTRL-a tree times and access to the Xen console.

This great tool works now.

> If you have Xen built with debug=y, from the log you sent it seems to be
> the case, you can use the asm instruction "hvc" to get Xen printing
> useful information:
>     - hvc 0xffff will dump the state of the vCPU
>     - hvc 0xfffd will print the program counter

Nice to know.  Couldn't find it on the wiki, though.

I'll update the LAGER board wiki [2] with my findings.

Some questions remain, but I'll come back on these later,
when I'm more clear about them, and probably via [xen-users].
I'll try my best to abide by the etiquette next time.

Max Ferger

[1]
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/OMAP5432_uEVM#2.2_Build_Linux_Dom0_kernel
[2] http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/Lager

Leopold KOSTAL GmbH & Co. KG - Sitz Lüdenscheid, Registergericht Iserlohn HRA
2854, phG Kostal Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH, Registergericht Iserlohn HRB 4061
- USt-Id-Nr./Vat No.: DE 125800885
Post- und Werksanschrift: An der Bellmerei 10, D-58513 Lüdenscheid * Telefon:
+49 2351 16-0 * Telefax: +49 2351 16-2400 Bellmerei
Geschäftsführung: Dipl.-Oec. Andreas Kostal (Vorsitzender), Dipl.-Kfm. Helmut
Kostal, Dipl.-Ing. Marwin Kinzl, Dr.-Ing. Ludger Laufenberg, Dipl.-Kfm. Ulrich
Zimmermann