Re: [Xen-devel] Asus X99-A VT-d problems

Hi,

Sorry about that, I'm using gmail and misclicked reply instead of reply-all. No Idea how to fix the line wrapping though.

Any ideas how to enable IOMMU in vanilla kernel? I checked from kernel documentation that the parameters are intel_iommu=on and iommu=force and they were passed as a boot parameters.

>>> On 08.09.15 at 14:18, <kiviniemi.valtteri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, getting a boot log with Xen seems to be really hard. Meanwhile,
> here's a boot log from native 4.2.0 kernel with IOMMU enabled.

There are a couple of issues here:

- you sent this to me privately, instead of to the list (so others can also
look at it)
- your mailer line wrapped the log, which makes it hard to read/grep
(better to attach the file if you can't fix your mail client)
- there's no sign of any IOMMU initialization (there ought to be the
result of

    pr_info("Intel(R) Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O\n");

as well as a number of other info level messages (not sure whether
that's a sign of your log level not being high enough, or some other
setup failing).

Jan