Re: [Xen-devel] Asus X99-A VT-d problems

>>> On 07.09.15 at 20:28, <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 08:45:20PM +0300, Valtteri Kiviniemi wrote:
>>    I'm happy to help to debug this further if needed, but so far I'm not able
>>    to boot the system at all without iommu=0 boot parameter.
>>

> It'd be helpful if you could use a serial console (PCI serial card perhaps?
> Or if your motherboard has a built-in IPMI/BMC/AMT management processor with
> Serial-Over-LAN port that works aswell..) and capture a logfile from the full
> Xen + Linux boot.. with all the verbose/debugging options enabled.

Indeed - without seeing a log of what goes wrong I don't think there's
much we can do. (One thing that might help is to post a native Linux
boot log with the IOMMU fully enabled, provided of course that one
boots up. This might provide hints at workarounds they have an place
but we don't.)

Jan