Re: [Xen-devel] Question: Redirect guest kernel's message via serial port to a file on dom0

>> > You probably need to mkdir it then, or extend the args list with
>> > --log-dir=/var/log/xen
>>
>> I tried both, but neither of them works. :-(
>>
>> I'm wondering if anyone has some document about how to do this?
>> If there is some document about how to debug this configuration issue,
>> it could also be helpful...
>> But I didn't find it after googling and trying for 2 hours...:-(
>>
>> Below is the detail of what I tried:
>>
>> I tried to mkdir /var/log/xen/guest
>
> The correct (default) path is /var/log/xen/console I think.
>
>>  and restart the xencommons by
>> "service xencommons restart",
>
> Are you using sysvinit or systemd?

I'm using sysvinit, since "pidof /sbin/init " shows that init process
has pid = 1.

> If the latter are you using the systemd
> units of the sysvinit scripts via systemd's LSB compat mode?
>
> If you are using the systemd units then I think they might be configured
> elsewhere.

Do I have to explicitly configure a virtual serial device to the PV
VM, in order to make Xen  create the /var/log/xen/console file?

Right now, when I ssh into the PV VM and issue the command #echo 1 >
/dev/ttyS0, it returns error "echo: write error: Input/output error".
I'm guessing maybe it's because the VM has no serial port configured?

Thank you very much for your time and help in this issue!

Best regards,

Meng