Re: [Xen-devel] Design doc of adding ACPI support for arm64 on Xen - version 3

Hi,

On 18/08/2015 02:34, Shannon Zhao wrote:
IIUC, this is a requirement for Linux. Because when Linux parses the
minimal DT, it uses below dt_params to match the DT properties. If it
doesn't match any of them, it will fial.
See efi_get_fdt_params in drivers/firmware/efi/efi.c.

This is *not* a requirement for Linux. All those properties are internal to Linux so it's not exposed to anyone else. We have room to change it while we standardize the property.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall