Re: [Xen-devel] [ovmf test] 58956: regressions - FAIL

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:32:43AM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Sun, 2015-06-28 at 22:32 +0000, osstest service user wrote:
> > flight 58956 ovmf real [real]
> > http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/58956/
> >
> > Regressions :-(
> >
> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > including tests which could not be run:
> >  test-amd64-i386-xl-qemuu-win7-amd64  9 windows-install    fail REGR. vs.
> > 58919
>
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/bisect/ovmf/test-amd64-i386-xl-qemuu-win7-amd64.windows-install.html
>  smells like something in the range:
> $ git log --oneline 495ee9b85..79d274b8b
> 79d274b OvmfPkg: PlatformPei: invert MTRR setup in QemuInitializeRam()
> cfc80e2 OvmfPkg: PlatformPei: beautify memory HOB order in QemuInitializeRam()
> 86a14b0 OvmfPkg: PlatformPei: create the CPU HOB with dynamic memory space
> width
> bc89fe4 OvmfPkg: PlatformPei: enable larger permanent PEI RAM
>
> has made windows installs less reliable. From
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history/test-amd64-i386-xl-qemuu-win7-amd64/ovmf.html
>  they mostly seem to be okay, or else we've gotten unluckY 3 in a row.

Wait we are testing win7 install with OVMF in osstest? Did you made a new
iso that is capable of EFI booting? Also I don't think I've ever found a
win7 iso within Citrix that was capables of booting with OVMF. But I
haven't look very hard either.

Looking at the guest config, I don't see any mention of using OVMF instead
of SeaBIOS.
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/58956/test-amd64-i386-xl-qemuu-win7-amd64/fiano1---etc-xen-win.guest.osstest.cfg

So, I guest OVMF have nothing to do with the failure.

--
Anthony PERARD