[Xen-devel] Windows install problems on Xeon E5-2403 v2

All,

we're seeing recurring but intermittent failures in osstest on just the
two hosts using these particular CPU types. The closest similar ones,
using Xeon E5-2407 v2, do not exhibit this same behavior. We do
note that the latter run at microcode level 0x427, while the problem
ones are only at 0x416, and IanC is in the process of trying to
integrate microcode updates with osstest. However, since there
doesn't seem to be any matching erratum documented of these CPU
models, we aren't really assuming that a microcode update (0x428
appears to be the newest available) would help here, and hence
we'd like to ask for your assistance in possible further diagnostic
steps, or suggestions towards a resolution.

For more context, please see also the mail thread starting at
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-06/msg00522.html.

Thanks, Jan