Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable build fails with XEN_DUMP_DIR undeclader in xl_cmdimpl.c

On Mon, Jun 08, Fabio Fantoni wrote:

> I saw that config/Paths.mk contains:
> XEN_DUMP_DIR             := /var/lib/xen/dump
>
> But build fails with:
> >xl_cmdimpl.c: In function Ãhandle_domain_deathÃ:
> >xl_cmdimpl.c:2330:33: error: ÃXEN_DUMP_DIRÃ undeclared (first use in this
> >function)
> >xl_cmdimpl.c:2330:33: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only
> >once for each function it appears in
> >xl_cmdimpl.c:2330:46: error: expected Ã)Ã before string constant
>
> With a fast look in code I not found the right cause.

The logic in the Makefile is supposed to regenerate _paths.h if anything
within that file changes. Appearently that logic does not work properly.

As suggested a 'make clean' or 'rm tools/*/_*.h' should work around such
bug.

Olaf