Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.6 Development Update (two months reminder)

On 03/12/2015 11:34 AM, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> Il 12/03/2015 11:54, George Dunlap ha scritto:
>> On 03/12/2015 10:21 AM, wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>> *  Credit2: introduce per-vcpu hard and soft affinity (fair)
>>>    -  Justin T. Weaver
>> The most recent patches looked pretty good -- I'd be very surprised if
>> these didn't make it in by July.  I'd change this to "good".
>>
>>> *  Default to credit2 (none)
>>>     cpu pinning, numa affinity and cpu reservation
>>>    -  George Dunlap
>> I think before actually doing a release with credit2 as the default, we
>> want almost an entire development cycle with credit2 as the default, to
>> shake out any latent bugs; and probably an entire release with credit2
>> listed as "production-ready".
>>
>> So maybe this goal would be more helpfully stated as "credit2 production
>> ready", so that when we open the next development window we can change
>> the default immediately?
>>
>>> *  pvUSB support in libxl (fair)
>>>    -  Chunyan Liu
>> You can add in hvmUSB support in libxl here, with my name; and call it
>> "fair".
>
> You did a new patchset version? The latest I saw, rebased and tested
> (including compatibility with actual spice usb redirection) was long
> time ago and I not saw newer posted in xen-devel.

No, and I'm not going to post one until the pvUSB stuff gets in, since
that work will involve refactoring the pvUSB code into PV and
DEVICEMODEL paths, and I don't fancy having to repeat that work every
time there's another revision. :-)

The core technology is working just fine; it's only the library
interface that really needed work in the last patch, and that will be
set by the pvUSB series.  So once that's in, it should be a relatively
small amount of work.

 -George