Re: [Xen-devel] xen/arm: Query - vgic nr_spis value for domU

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-02-24 at 09:48 +0000, Julien Grall wrote:
>>
>> On 24/02/2015 09:41, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> > domU should get configurable nr_lpi in the same way Julien has done for
>> > spi. Unless it is possible to make nr_lpi dynamic based on the guests
>> > actual usage patterns (i.e. alloc on demand), that would be ok too.
>>
>> You have to expose the number of LPI's used in GICD_TYPER.
>> So unless we decide to use hardware value for the guest, we would have to
>> set a static one at domain creation.
>
> Right.
>
> With alloc on demand it might be reasonable to expose a pretty high
> number (like the h/w limit) in GICD_TYPER if the actual associated
> resources aren't actually allocated until they are used.

I propose to add radix tree for each domain for pending_lpis
(synonymous to pending_irq for lpis)
and allocate pending_lpi structure whenever irq_descriptor is allocated/removed
Destroy this radix tree when domain is destroyed.

Regards
Vijay