Re: [Xen-devel] GSoC ideas for Xen?

On 02/19/2015 01:58 PM, Lars Kurth wrote:
> Adding the xen-devel list. Note that we are a long time
> participant of GSoC and OPW. Our project list is on
> wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/GSoC_2015

Do you have anything that you would want to do in joint or through
CentOS GSoC efforts?

> We are both at CollabSummit, which is why we have not responded to
> KB's mail

Gotcha, thanks. Yeah, I had to choose SCALE this year since they
conflicted.

- - Karsten

> Lars ________________________________________ From: Karsten Wade
> [kwade@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: 19 February 2015 21:46 To: Lars Kurth;
> dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx Subject: GSoC ideas for Xen?
>
> George, Lars:
>
> We're collecting ideas (over the next 24 hours) for work that
> Google Summer of Code students can do via the CentOS Project. In
> the past I've had good success with doing work with GSoC students
> via the Fedora Project where the work happens primarily in the
> upstream project, as long as it lands back with the distro. We
> think the same can work for CentOS SIGs.
>
> For the Xen Project we're looking for items that might be directly
> or indirectl related to work needed in your SIG. It could be
> integration, packaging, or any other code-related task.
>
> Each idea needs to be associated with a mentor, but we can be
> flexible about the final mentor assignment once we (hopefully) get
> accepted to this year's GSoC.
>
> You can see the template of what we need to fill out for each
> idea.
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/GSoC/2015/Ideas
>
> Remember that these are tasks for e.g. computer science students,
> and a part of the work for the mentor is simply getting the student
> able to effectively contribute and collaborate in an open
> community. This means you can take an idea you might do over two
> months and split it in to 4 parts for 4 different students, etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Karsten

- --
Karsten 'quaid' Wade        .^\          CentOS Doer of Stuff
http://TheOpenSourceWay.org    \  http://community.redhat.com
@quaid (identi.ca/twitter/IRC)  \v'             gpg: AD0E0C41