Re: [Xen-devel] EFI GetNextVariableName crashes when running under Xen, but not under Linux. efi-rs=0 works. No memmap issues

>>> On 27.01.15 at 21:18, <daniel.kiper@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 07:54:30AM +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> Plus the issue here is not just a matter of mapping BS memory, but
>> also not making it available to the allocator. That in turn may yield
>
> Yep, however, I thought that if a memory region is reserved in E820
> then it is also automatically removed from allocator pool.

That's correct.

>> conversion happens _before_ the normal command line parsing.
>
> I am going to align EFI early command line parser to legacy
> BIOS early boot path parser (I think about vga command line
> option). So, I think that this EFI "bug" work could be based
> on it.

The vga option is completely meaningless under EFI. And any such
workaround implementation would ideally be done in a backportable
way, i.e. without depending on a huge pile of other changes.

Jan