Re: [Xen-devel] (v2) Design proposal for RMRR fix

On 01/14/2015 09:43 AM, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

I think the typical thing to do here would be to introduce a named
parameter.  pci already has things like:

  pci = [ "00:02.0,seize=1,msitranslate=0" ]

So you should just follow suit and make it something like, "rmrr=try".

> for other usages like hotplug/migration:
>       reserved_regions = [ 'host, 0/1', 'start, end, 0/1', 'start, end, 0/1',
> ...]
> If 'host' is specified, it implies rmrr_host, besides user can specific
> explicit ranges according to his detail requirement.
>
> based on above configuration interface, libxl can construct necessary
> reserve regions with individual try/force policies.

Same here; I'd do something like:

 rmrr = [ "0xe0000:0xeffff,check=try", "0xa000000:0xa0000fff" ]

Where here the first one would be allowed to conflict in the domain
builder; but the second would error out if it couldn't be made for some
reason.

 -George